Who I am
I am a fully qualified and leading freelance Pilates and fitness professional who has been in the fitness industry since the year 2000.
I love the outdoors and am passionate about helping others to reach their full potential through healthy living practices such as regular exercise and maintaining a healthy diet which I both advocate and practice myself.
Pilates Teacher Mentoring and Training
I am keen to share my wealth of experience and knowledge to future generations of Pilates instructors and have a limited number of Pilates Trainee Mentorships available. Please contact me to confirm a place.
Community and Social Engagement
I am an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle and do this through my volunteer activities and engagements where I regularly speak at community events, private hospitals and treatment centres.
My New Zealand Maori heritage is of great significance and importance to me and helps to guide my practice in connecting our bodies to the world around us in a way that our ancient ancestors did for generations before us.
I strongly believe in supporting and nurturing the next generation of children and am particularly passionate about improving the health of indigenous children in our community and do this through my ongoing support of Nutrition Plus.
- Certificate IV in Fitness (Fitness Institute Australia, FIA)
- Certificate in Group Exercise Instruction (Federation of International Sports, Aerobics and Fitness, FISAF)
- Certificate in Pilates Matwork (Australian Fitness Network)
- Complete Matwork Series (Polestar Pilates Australia)
- Fascial Movement (Merrithew, New York)
- Total Barre, Halo (Merrithew, New York)
- Zumba (Zumba Fitness)
Current teaching locations
I am currently teaching at the following locations and venues:
- Qi Natural Therapies (www.qiyoga.net) – Resident Instructor, Manly & Freshwater
- NSW Government Healthy Lifestyles program – Northern Sydney Local Health District
- Kingdom Gym (www.kingdomgym.com.au) – Brookvale
- Private and Corporate classes – Sydney’s Northern Beaches
- Private Tuition/Mentoring – Sydney’s Northern Beaches
- NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet
I am always on the lookout for opportunities both in Australia and internationally to deliver inspiring and engaging Pilates classes.
Please contact me to discuss if you would like me to teach at your venue in the near future.